ACTION ALERT: Tell Congress to Pass the DREAM Act
Call Congress today
Tell Your Representative & Senators to Pass the DREAM Act
President Trump's decision to end DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) is cruel and inhumane, placing the future of 800,000 people and their families in jeopardy. This is NOT what our country is about. Immigrants contribute to and strengthen our economy and deserve every chance at the American dream. We need bipartisan, permanent immigration reform - we need the DREAM Act.
- DREAM Act was meant to give young people (known as DREAMers) a path to citizenship, but stalled in Congress in 2001
- In 2007, President Barack Obama created the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program -- DACA
- DACA offered DREAMers a temporary grant of protection from deportation and a permit to work legally in the U.S.
- They must have arrived in U.S. prior to 2007 and have been 15 or younger when they arrived and younger than 31 when DACA was created
- DREAMERs have passed rigorous background checks, and registered with the government
- Most DREAMERs are currently working or in school
- DACA does not give them a path to residency
After you call, tweet:
@realDonaldTrump has stripped legal status of young immigrants who make America strong.
Congress must right this wrong: pass #DreamAct!
@HouseGOP @SenateGOP have a choice: side w/800,000+ young immigrants, protect them. Or uphold Trump's hate agenda? #HeretoStay