Support Shontel Brown
RACE SUMMARY: Elected in a special election to finish the term of former-Rep. Marcia Fudge, who was appointed U.S. Sec. of Housing & Human Development, Rep. Brown will be facing stiff opposition for this seat in what is anticipated to be a definitive election for control of Congress.
EDUCATION: Cuyahoga Community College, Business Management
- Supports Israel’s rights to defend itself, and the Iron Dome System
- Committed to Israeli security and supports annual foreign aid bill and its provisions providing military aid to Israel
- Believes in a two-state solution, and acknowledges that Hamas is a terrorist organization that stands in the way of the pursuit of peace
- She has been endorsed by the ACOG OBGYN PAC and the Cuyahoga Dem Women’s Caucus, as well as Run Sister Run
- Brown has also worked fighting to decrease infant and maternal mortality rates in her district
In Her Own Words
“Hamas’s massive rocket attacks are deeply troubling and must stop...Hamas is placing civilians on both sides at risk. Israel has the right to defend its citizens in the face of these attacks. Israeli families should never have to spend the night in a bomb shelter.”
“When I visited Israel, I observed the fruits of the friendship between our nations firsthand...Our relationship must be permanent and durable -- one that is nourished on an ongoing basis and withstands any temporary policy disagreements.”
SOURCE: 2021 Position Paper
She became the first woman and first Black person to chair the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party.