Support Robert Garcia for Congress
REP. ROBERT GARCIA
U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
D-CALIFORNIA 42ND DISTRICT
RACE: Running for reelection to his seat.
BORN: December 2, 1977
EDUCATION: California State University, Long Beach, BA; University of Southern California, MA
- Strongly supports a two-state solution, and engaging the U.S. in creating a lasting peace in the region.
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Supports continued U.S. aid to Israel to maintain a qualitative military advantage.
- Opposes BDS
- Supported the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal)
- Supports safe access to abortion, birth control, and other reproductive health services.
- Defends the right of a woman and her doctor to make choices regarding medical care.
In His Own Words
"We have an emergency in our country now with trying to roll back the rights of women, reproductive health and abortion access." 1
"For me, what's really important about our relationship with Israel is Israel is the one place in the region where me, as an openly gay person, can walk around with my husband, and know that you are supported and that you are safe, and that you can be openly gay." 2
Was born in Lima and immigrated to the U.S. at age 5
Received Doctor of Education in educational policy
Was sworn into Congress on a vintage comic book and photo of his parents